Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Ruby Sure Is Shining Bright!

Welcome to my blog today! As you might guess from the title, today's post is about the computer language of Ruby. First, though, how about a joke?

What did one mushroom say to another mushroom?

"When they made you, they really broke the mold."

I talked a little bit about Ruby last time, but that was only speculation. First of all, the course is from Codecademy, and it is downright awesome. Codecademy teaches many languages, not just Ruby. It teaches Python, JavaScript, Git, and more. The Ruby group consists of many "mini-courses". I have completed 4 or 5 of these mini-lessons, and I am a total of 28% done in the Ruby lessons.

I have learned to make a program with user input, "Daffy Duck-ified" some lines of input, and more. I prompted the user for their first name, last name, city that they live in, and the abbreviation for the state they live in. Using that data, my program told them their name and location. Also, the "Daffy Duck-ified" input was done by just changing the "s"s to "th"s. Both of the above programs may seem simple to you, but they are actually difficult to create and execute correctly. Go to the above link if you want to see that for yourself.

Thank you for tuning in to this post, and as always, I hope to see you on School Stories (Where School Is ALWAYS In Session!) again.

No comments: