Monday, October 19, 2015

New Courses! New Books!

Hello, and welcome to my blog again! First thing first: why I've been away from it. As some of you know, my grandmother just had her hip replaced recently, so I was visiting her on Wednesday. Monday I forgot about it, and it was overall kind of an all-over-the-place, semi-hectic week. Sorry about that!

Today a new course started : the New Hampshire primary. It is through the same website as my Iowa Caucus course: Canvas. It asked to set up a Canvas network account, as well as do something with social media.

Also, during the inspection of our soon-to-be new house, I read a new book: Black Ships Before Troy by Rosemary Sutcliff. It is a shortened retelling of Homer's Iliad, which tells of the wedding of Thesis the Silver-Footed; of the discord that followed, courtesy of Eris; of Paris' judging of Athena, Hera, and Aphrodite; of the "theft" off Helen of the Fair Cheeks; of Menelaus' rage at Paris; of the allies that heeded the call of Menelaus' brother, the High King Agamemnon; of Achilles' hiding; and of much, much more.

Thanks for viewing this post on School Stories (Where School Is ALWAYS In Session!), and see you tomorrow!

No comments: