Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Computer Science: JavaScript

Welcome to your educational blog viewing! Today's topic is my Stanford computer science class, which teaches you about the JavaScript language.

Recently, I talked about the Python language (you can see that post here). The JavaScript language is not super different, but it is different in a lot of ways. One way that they're alike is that they both have "reserved words", which cannot be used as variable names. Of course, the words vary in each language, but that is to be expected, since they are two different languages. However, a way that they're different is their purposes. Python is mainly used for web programming, while JavaScript is used mostly for browser programs.

I am enjoying this course from Stanford through Coursera, and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in learning about computer science. I like the professor, whose name is Nick Parlente, as well as the material. It is a fun course that I think would appeal to many people. Not only does he tell you about the material, he also shows you using a document side-by-side with the lecture.

Thanks for joining my Stanford Computer Science 101 review on School Stories (Where School Is ALWAYS In Session!) and I hope to see you again soon!

No comments: